Galatians Week 1 Day 2



S- I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ


O- Paul marveled that they should be so soon turned from the essentials of their faith. Not only was their desertion occurring so soon after their conversion, but they were being very easily turned. They were deserting the one who had so willingly died for them; and he died for them not because they were deserving of his love, but to redeem them from their sins (Gal. 1:6).
Their abandonment went even further; they were turning their backs upon God who had given His son to redeem them from this present evil world. They had fallen prey to those who sought to “pervert” them.
Once again Paul shows the serious nature of this movement by using a word which means to turn around, showing that their gospel was the exact opposite to that which Jesus had revealed. In fact, the error was so serious Paul said of their new teachers, “Let them be accursed.”

A- Using Paul’s here as an encouragement to pursue a life of holiness, not in my own strength but in the knowledge of God’s empowering grace in my life. False teaching brought to the Galatian churches has been extremely difficult to root out even today. I do not want to fall into legalism, but on the other, I cannot just live as if anything goes. The believers commitment to Christ is based on the free gift of grace through faith and also results in a life of walking by the Spirit. 

P- Thank you Father for giving me your spirit to live in me. I am asking for more love, more joy, more peace, more patience, more kindness, more goodness, more faithfulness, more gentleness, more self-control. More of you Lord and less of me. For as I walk in the spirit I will not be slave to my flesh and easily deceived. Open my eyes and open my hears to your leading and guiding me. In Jesus Name Amen



With Love in Christ, Blessings to you,
Tracy




Week 1 Challenge
Help someone. It’s that simple. Intentionally look around as you go about your days and see who God has placed in your path. There are so many hurting people, so many needs…try to help, love, encourage just one person this week. Maybe it’s an encouraging word-a sincere compliment or maybe its more than that…but ask God to help you meet the needs that He brings to mind. We can’t do everything, but we all can do something.






Additional Resources for this study:
Have you downloaded the reading plan or the study guide?
Review “How to SOAP your study
You may wish to follow Love God Greatly on YouVersion (just be sure not to start the study until MONDAY so you stay on track with the reading/verses).



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when we share and encourage one another!! Thank you for joining me on my journey.


Promotional  Spotlight

Followers