The Word of life


Good Morning!  I have been quite busy as of lately, but I am hopefully this week I will be more into a schedule (whats that?) and be able to read, post and engage more with my friends here and in our group.  

Speaking of groups... One thing that is new and I have been blogging about is the fall online Bible study of I John with goodmorninggirls.org

Today is a day of Reflection so here are my thoughts, Please share yours with me as well..



Reflections  (1 John 1:1-4)
John declares to us the Word of life. (Jesus)
The Word existed before the world began. We have heard it, seen it with our eyes.
We watched it. We touched it with our hands. The person who gives life came. (The word became Flesh, Jesus incarnate) He showed this life to us.
We saw it and we are witnesses to it. We declare to you that this is eternal life. It was with the Father and has appeared to us. This is what we saw. This is what we heard.
Three times he affirms—seeing, hearing, touching! We declare it to you also.
We want you to share in this life together with us, making our joy complete.

Verse1
John wrote this letter about Jesus, who is the Word of life. John and those who were with him knew Jesus. They had heard what he said. They had listened to what he taught. They were with him. They actually saw him. They watched him. They saw all that he did. They lived with him for years. They knew that Jesus was a real person.  John proclaims Jesus Christ was God with them here on earth.

Verse 2
Jesus came from God. He became a real man. He showed us what life is. Real life is life in the spirit. He has that life and he came to give it to us. God gives eternal life to those who believe in his Son. What they saw was eternal life. God gives this life. John knew that he had this life now. And this life will never end. John wants to share this life with the readers of this letter.

Verse 3
Those who first believed spoke. They described what they had seen. They repeated what they had heard. The Word of life (that is, Jesus) appeared to them.
The message of life in the Jesus was not only for them. John declares it to those who read his letter. All people can now see and hear God’s truth in Jesus.
We need to believe in him and hear what he says.

Verse 4
John wrote this letter as if he were an representative for all those other witnesses. ‘These things’ are all that is in the letter. He writes so that both he and the readers may have much joy. John writes his testimony to Christ in this letter because he longs for the fullness of joy that comes when others share his delight in the fellowship of the Father and the Son Jesus Christ The purpose is that the readers would share the same life as John and his friends.


My prayer for all that are participating in this study and those that pass by this blog is that, like John, You too will have the Joy of Christ within your heart. I pray the Lord will lead us to Him daily renewing us with his spirit. May we all have an opportunity to share a testimony of what the Lord has done in our life, share our faith with someone new, and encourage others with His word




Linking up with





8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post today. Speaks to my spirit and uplifts my heart. So grateful that God has his hand upon my family and is moving in my life. So happy that I too have a testimony and I am striving daily to have joy in my heart.

    Have a blessed weekend.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  2. tracy, you are always so encouraging. i appreciate you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this encouraging message. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John is so eager to share the joy. A good example to follow. A beautiful prayer for us all.

    Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is a blessing and an inspiration. Thank you for sharing today.

    Blessings, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you are doing 1 John - such an encouraging yet challenging book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this with us. It is such an encouragement to see others wanting to share Gods word. He is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for praying for me as I read your blog! I receive his joy, his renewing and the opportunities he will bring me today.
    Blessings,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete

I love it when we share and encourage one another!! Thank you for joining me on my journey.


Promotional  Spotlight

Followers